February 4, 2011

Rest in Peace, Our Crazy Little Beagle

"Noah has left a mark on all of us. I can count two on one hand, one of my calf, and another on my back. Though the deepest one will always be on my heart. 

He was an adventurous little (4 lbs!) puppy that made my 10 year old girl heart swell with love. I remember taking him home after "being fixed" in the Gremlin. His little conked out face looking up from my lap. I remember being in the Astro with mom picking up Kristine from Notre Dame - and making every 14 year old girls hearts swell. I remember hearing his nails shred slightly on the leather of my BMW as he shifted position in the moving car.

He was a crazy little beagle no one could tame but for better or worse, he was there for family vacations, dinners and ultimately, was a member of the Phillips Phamily. He was raising hell while I was being raised. He very much defined a lot of my life. 

Even though he was "my" dog, I think everyone had a special relationship with him. I know Mary would take him on walks and had the ingenious idea to put kibble in a water bottle as a toy. Katie, well, I don't think Katie really took to him but she'd slip him treats from time to time! Kristine, of course, her precious little honey muff. Total unconditional love. Mom, another slightly more resistant but Mom being Mom love and cared for him. And Dad, your son, your buddy. It was always touching to see the shared camaraderie - him at your heels with your every move! 

I want to thank everyone for loving Noah and especially Mom and Dad for granting me the dog in the first place and then caring for him in his old age."
 

 


 

1 comment:

Ms. Math said...

I will always remember my long
walks and jogs with Noah when he was just a frisky adolescent hound. We would run around in the grass at the Aragon fields. I would bring a little plastic baggy for him to drink fountain water from when he got thirsty. Those were the good old days. For such a troubled dog, I feel that he lived an awfully happy life thanks to these giant Phillips hearts (and accompanying scars).

Miss you, Noah!